How to store your data before shredding
It’s important to protect your business from data breeches and information leaks.
Onsite shredding services could be your perfect solution to guarantee the secure destruction of your documents.
However, it’s important to keep these secure and private before they are destroyed.
With more sophisticated technology thieves out there we need to be even more vigilant on how we store and dispose our data.
Here are just a few tips on how your business can help to maintain data security;
- Enforce a clear desk policy to help ensure customer details have been safely discarded frequently.
- Implement secure containers in an access-controlled area, a place where it is secure. Especially if your business is producing volumes of documents to shred.
- Destruction policy to get rid of all confidential data by outsourcing to shredding companies who come onsite and adhere to regulations and have environmental policies.
- Keep informed about any updated rules and laws concerning waste disposal.
- Shredding services need to be an easy process for any business with as little work from staff as possible.
- Shred regularly and avoid any building up of confidential paper
- Always shred before recycling
- Use professional outsourcing shredding services
Outsourcing your document destruction helps your business significantly reduce the risk of costly and damaging mishaps or accidents, which can lead to security breaches, data protection issues and identity fraud.
For all your professional shredding needs call PC Recycling today on 01444 222330